Tuesday 10 July 2012

Department Store Shopping - 1942

I love this two page ad for Firestone from my American Saturday Evening Post, June 1942.

firestone 1 firestone 2

That mix master is unlike any I have seen, wonder what it is.  I also wonder how if “every plant is working twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, manufacturing anti-aircraft fun mounts and carriages, tanks tracks “ etc, how do they have time to make everything else they have for sale?

Firestone sold everything from fishing lures to clothes dryers (yes clothes dryers in 1942 – maybe it was just a clothes rack), white wall tyres to roller skates, and radios to waffle bakers. What a store! I would really love one of the citrus juicers (under ‘for the home near the washing machine’).

What would you buy?

Deb xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very important to me and I read each and every one of them! Please leave your blog address so I can visit.