Monday 14 October 2013

Dress the Ad - Red and White for Summer 1951


I adore this outfit....from October 1951. Don't you?!

Vintage 1950s ad with red and white polkadot dress
Summer 1951
So I have decided if I can recreate it today - for anyone. I would love to sew something similar, but I think vintage  reproduction is the way.



This dress from the UK is available in sizes 8 to 24 from Queen of Holloway, £24.99 ($50).
1950s retro swing dress from Queen of Holloway
This dress is from Ebay USA, and also around $50.

Retro dress on Ebay
As to the shoes -

the shoes in the picture look like cork wedges to me, although they may be espadrilles, so I have looked at both. These ones are by timberland, on special at present for about $78.

Timberland Earthkeepers

These Spanish Braided Espadrille Wedge Sandals by Steven Allan have ankle ties - around $109.

Braided Espadrille Wedge Sandal

These fake suede ones are from the UK, for around £25.99.

Daniel Red Tipi Women’s Raffia Wedge Sandal
Come on pay day - I so need this this outfit for Summer!

Now, what about a hat......

Deb

2 comments:

  1. I have a similar dress from Stop Staring, red/White dot dress. Would love to have a bolero though to match it:) I would also recommend Vivien of Holloway, the have some magic dresses...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, wouldn't the bolero be magic?! Glad to hear the recommendation - Vivien seems a little cheaper than stop staring.

      Delete

Your comments are very important to me and I read each and every one of them! Please leave your blog address so I can visit.