Monday 6 July 2015

Vintage Fashion - Summer 1959

It's school holidays again here, and after a week off entertaining my MIL and my eldest daughter home from college I finally have a little spare time.  I managed to find a sweet little Australian magazine from 1959 to read and thought I would share some of it this week. Today, being Monday, the fashion.  

I love the fabric of the swimsuit on the cover - I thinks she's being a mermaid tangle in the nets....

VINTAGE 2 December 1959 Australian women's Mirror Magazine 1950s


These party dresses for day and night - the one on the right, in green and black, is stunning.

1950s dress


The Pattern service offered by the magazine offered a nightdress and matching brunch coat, a baby's layette, a simple over blouse, and three maternity smocks.

1950s fashion patterns

And no outfit would be complete without a handbag and gloves.


1950s vintage handbag ad


Later in the week a pattern for crocheted gloves, and of course recipes.  If you can't wait, the magazine is now for sale on my Etsy store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very important to me and I read each and every one of them! Please leave your blog address so I can visit.