Tuesday 25 October 2011

A year of 1951 Covers


Last week featured 1950, and so this week I thought I’ move to 1951.  So  here is a year in pictures – magazine covers from each month of 1951 with great fashion and some super stars (or was it starlets?).  I have sourced these all off the net, while I work out to insert pdfs into my blog (help, any ideas?!).

January – Weltbild (Germany) with Rita Hayworth

rita

February – American Vogue – look at that waist!

vogue paris - feb1951

March – Every Woman – sweet hat and gloves – and pearls

march 1951

April – Elle and dotted chiffon

Elle - april 1951

May – Life USA and beach fashion (might try that turban this summer)

life may 1951

June – American Vogue and summer outfit and straw hat

vogue June 1951

July – Seventeen  - colour rules

july2

August – Kay Starr on Capitol News Magazine (great undergarments)

aug

September – Elizabeth Taylor in Modern Screen

September 1951– Elizabeth Taylor in Modern Screen

October –Harpers Bazaar - Red is in!

October 1951 –Harpers Bazaar - Red is in!    
November – Paris Vogue  and fur

vogue pais november 1951

December – Esther Williams gets cosy
  December 1951 – Esther Williams gets cosy

I love February.  What’s your favourite?
Deb xx

Blogger Labels: Magazine,Covers,January,Weltbild,Germany,Rita,Hayworth,February,American,Vogue,waist,March,Woman,pearls,April,Elle,Life,beach,June,straw,August,Starr,Capitol,News,September,Elizabeth,Taylor,Modern,October,Harpers,Bazaar,November,Paris,December,Esther,Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very important to me and I read each and every one of them! Please leave your blog address so I can visit.