Monday 30 January 2012

Vintage Decorating Ideas & Gingham

After volunteering on Saturday morning at the Salvos op shop, sweltering in a very old hall, I spent most of the weekend in the cool of my air-conditioned lounge room researching on line and looking at lots of vintage photos and decorating sites .  I decided that I really need to redo the lounge room – the kids really don’t like my vintage orange floral suite, and as much as I have tried to get into the orange blue colour scheme, it isn’t me - I still prefer red, white and black.

clip_image002 clip_image004 (Lino print by Margaret Preston)

I have also had the timber , neutral and African theme happening for abut 10 years no, and I am a bit over it.  I am thinking vintage, 1940s -  diners , dresses and movie posters.

     

 

As much as I love this red and white gingham couch, and the red patterned fabric, I think it may be too much for my old corner suite I am planning to recover.

clip_image005 clip_image007

I like this corner couch, but think large black and white checks instead of green.

clip_image008 clip_image009

I have used a small black and white check gingham in the quilts for the kids, and I am loving it – it goes well with many things, and would go beautifully with my favourite themes - cherries and scotties:

clip_image010 clip_image012 clip_image013 clip_image014 clip_image015 clip_image016

So something like this:

With some of these?

clip_image017 clip_image018 clip_image019 clip_image020 clip_image021 clip_image022

All available on Etsy (except my Scottie collection).

The other great thing about gingham is that it’s so cheap, around $6 to $10 per metre . So I shall redecorate, but it will be as inexpensive and practical as possible.

I’ll keep you posted!

Deb xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very important to me and I read each and every one of them! Please leave your blog address so I can visit.