Tuesday 31 January 2012

Success so far & a week of thrifted outfits

It’s been almost one month and I have done pretty well sticking to buy “don’t buy new in 2012” commitment. Apart from things for the children (school books, uniforms and a clarinet), I have bought some fabric panels for patchwork quilts (also for the kids). For myself I have only bought preloved, through op/thrift shops or ebay.  Here is a weeks worth of outfits from my recent thrifting excursions – not vintage, but with a vintage flavour:

IMG_0060   IMG_0064   IMG_0063      IMG_0066IMG_0068 And all at around $4 a piece.  Today I wore the blue blouse with the aqua and green skirt (hence the creases). The blouse has a nice vintage feel to it (although it’s from Target), so I wore my favourite Sarah Coventry silver cherry brooch.  As to shoes.....the blue ones are new, in that I haven’t worn them before. I bought them at the end of last summer for $20, and forgot they were in the top of my cupboard (silly I know but what a lovely surprise this morning when looking for something other than black).  You can see I love peep-toe wedges!

I am going with the thought that money spent on decorating is not truly for myself, but for the family, and anyway I will be doing and making everything myself, which is very 40s I think – make do and mend!

I am off to buy some gingham for the lounge now!

Have a great day,

Deb xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very important to me and I read each and every one of them! Please leave your blog address so I can visit.