Saturday 11 August 2012

Painting things white & Dutch white lead

I am going to try and do more 'how to's' and post more photos, as well as the odd vintage add or article from my vintage magazine collection of course.  Here are two ads I thought relevant, given my new love of white paint:
1942

and 1932'

Just remember - if you have these paints in the shed still - DON"T use them!  I can remember dad painting the house and using pink lead undercoat.  Those were the days!

And here is the chair after a three coats of paint -  one base/sealer coat and two coats of vivid white (it's what I found in the shed, although gesso works well as a base coat, you can buy it from craft shops, and milk paint gives a lovely effect, if you are buying from scratch or want to  make your own).



Tomorrow I will sand it a little and add some grey distressing to make it more rustic, and give it a clear protective coat, before I recover the seat.

What projects are you working on at the moment?

Deb xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very important to me and I read each and every one of them! Please leave your blog address so I can visit.