Monday 30 September 2013

Fashion of 1953 and 80 Years of the AWW

Tomorrow marks the 80th anniversary of the Australian Women's Weekly, which if you've read my blog for a while you will know is my favorite (vintage) magazine.  The current issue features a selection of past covers from over the past 80 years - so I had to buy it!  This cover from exactly 60 years ago is my favorite -

1950s cover Australian womens weekly with Red Riding Hood

Oh, I would love that lipstick!



If you live in Australia you can enter the competition to pick your favorite cover - either grab a copy of the mag, or go to the website here. You can also see all of the covers here.

From the same issue is this double page spread about Paris fashion with designers like Schiaparelli, Paquin and Givenchy - stunning don't you think? The illustrations themselves are gorgeous too!

1950s Paris fashions 1950s Paris fashions

I love the smoky grey 'coat-frock ensemble'. What about you?

Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very important to me and I read each and every one of them! Please leave your blog address so I can visit.