Thursday 14 February 2013

A Vintage Valentine 1913 Style



Happy Valentines Day one and all !

I am back at work a few days a week now, and helping at school when I can, so my posts may be getting a little shorter, or maybe less frequent, for a while.  So today, just some Valentines Day images from 1913.

 source
source


source



source

source
The above images are what I imagine of 1913 - dreamy, romantic, pretty.  This sculpture, The Kiss, was made by Konstantin Brancusi in 1913, one of his series of sculptures from  “The Kiss” series that he did from 1907 – 1925. Looks like it could have been carved today, don't you think?



Don't you love this romantic ad for Pet Milk, also from 1913. Mmmm, I wonder what's its made from?!

source


Oyster fritters, there's a lovely suggestion for a valentines day treat! And lastly, some words of wisdom from 1913 - The Dos and Don't for husbands and wives, by Blance Ebbut. You can find the books here, but to sum up:
source

Don't s for Wives reminds women not to flirt with other men in case they succeed "better than you want to. It is like playing with tigers and edged tools and volcanoes all in one".  I'll try and remember that!

 Have a wonderful day, whether you're eating oyster fritters, flirting, spending time with your loved one, or sitting on the couch with your favourite ice-cream or the cat,

Deb xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very important to me and I read each and every one of them! Please leave your blog address so I can visit.