Thursday 18 June 2015

Vintage Pattern - Knit a mohair jumper

Do you own a mohair jumper?

Living in Queensland mohair is a little warm, but I remember having a vintage 60s mohair jumper back in my Melbourne uni days...in a vile green. But apparently they did get made in other colours.

vintage mohair jumper
Panda Mohair, 1960
Mohair is again a fashionable fibre, and available in modern colors at most craft stores.

Cleckheaton Wool Mohair
Cleckheaton Wool Mohair
With about twenty of these balls you can knit this cute little jumper (from the May 1960 edition of the Australian Home Journal).

free vintage mohair jumper pattern
click to enlarge
If you'd like more patterns from 1960, the complete magazine is for sale on my Etsy store.

Deb xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very important to me and I read each and every one of them! Please leave your blog address so I can visit.