Monday 14 November 2011

Shoes - vintage, retro and arty

I am having a bit of a shoe thing at present.  Maybe because my feet haven't changed size like the rest of me!I love my Lucite shoes, of course, but real vintage shoes are difficult to find in a wearable size (the female foot of 50 years ago was much smaller than today's), let alone in a good condition. There are a few around though - here are some I love:

These 1940s peep toe heels are about a size 8 1/2 and are available on etsy for about $75.



These 1940s black suede heels are a 9, but a narrow fitting, around $65 on etsy.

These stunning black velvet 1950s heels are also from etsy_ , a size 7, around $45.

The other options are the many beautiful new vintage style shoes around. Here is a little selection of some I love:
Paris Night Peep Toe from Modcloth - around $60.


" Kate" - elevated style in a lace-up high heel platform, 40s style - around $200 from remix vintage shoes


Betty Page from shoe candy, around $120



Cute wedge heels, in a range of colors, also from shoe candy, about $90.


These humorous yet stylish shoes are not really retro, but I can imagine they would have been all the rage in the 50s!  These ones are swans, but there are also toucans and ducks.  No flamingo, alas!  They are all handmade by designer Kobi Levi , who has created quite a few other “art shoes” that I recommend you look at - amazing!


If you are interested in buying, wearing or collecting vintage shoes, there is a great book by Caroline Cox titled "Vintage Shoes: Collecting and Wearing Twentieth-Century Designer Footwear ".  You can find it here.

Happy shoe shopping, or dreaming.......

Deb xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very important to me and I read each and every one of them! Please leave your blog address so I can visit.