Saturday 10 August 2013

Tartan or Plaid - 1950s style

If, like me, you love Scottie dogs, there comes a time when you take a serious look at tartan (or plaid for my American friends).  Tartan and Scotties go together like.....Scotties and Jell-o...




Now tartan luggage, that's an idea.



Here's some fashion advice from the Australian Home journal, October 1950.


and a few lovely tartan things I have found on Etsy. I don't really get to wear coats here in Queensland, but I do love this one.

plaid 1960s coat, $24

Wouldn't this dress be great for Christmas?

Vintage 1940s Plaid Cotton Dress
Vintage 1940s Plaid Cotton Dress $74
Of course Plaid does not always have to feature red. I love these two dresses.
vintage 1950's plaid pumps - size 5 1/2
vintage 1950's plaid pumps - size 5 1/2 $48
How is this for plaid on plaid?

coat and suit by hermes c. 1960
And here is an earlier Hermes plaid coat from 1952.

coat by Hermes, 1952
and just because I can.

Scottie in Plain, c 1950s

Plaid, love it or hate it?

Deb xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very important to me and I read each and every one of them! Please leave your blog address so I can visit.