Tuesday 3 September 2013

Build for Your Needs

I have a growing collection of mid-century magazines, including issues of House and Garden.  I thought today I'd share an article (from the Sept. 1950 issue, by Douglas J Birrell) about building a house for needs, rather than wants, as we seem to do today.   In Australia in the 1950s most people saved and paid upfront for their homes - and many built their own.  Not many people had mortgages.  How I wish!   This short article shares some tips and ideas for building a basic 'nucleus' of a house that can be extended as needed.



"Ambition is worthy but realism surmounts practical difficulties."







No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very important to me and I read each and every one of them! Please leave your blog address so I can visit.