Tuesday 23 June 2015

Thrifty on Tuesday

Today I went thrift shopping with my 18 year old daughter who is home from College for the holidays. We only had $10 cash to spend, so we're very discerning shoppers today!

At shop one I found fairly recent issues of one of my favourite magazines, which I have stopped buying, for 20 cents an issue ($8 new), so I got three issues I don't have. I also found a lovely linen tea towel with the sheep breeds of New Zealand- the kids and I love sheep since our trip down south (50 cents). Total spent $1.10.


At shop two my daughter found a silky blouse for $1 on the specials rack, and a pair of grey leather gloves with silk lining for $3.50. She is of too winters Melbourne soon so they will really come in handy (pardon the pun!) She also found a grey sweater for $2. Total, $6.50.



In the last shop I found a striped top on the 50 cent rack, an album with the 'Happy Days' song (50 cents) and four hankies for 5 cents each. Total $1.20.


Our days total was only $8.80! And to think we used to go to the local shopping centre each weekend and spend around $200.....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very important to me and I read each and every one of them! Please leave your blog address so I can visit.