Wednesday 23 May 2012

May 18-22 1942–I was Rude but I love Cotton

So I have been a little slack lately with blogging.

I have been working hard, and have had two work experience students in three weeks.  That means I have to do work instead of going on the internet!  We are also getting the house ready to sell, which means that every spare moment at home is devoted to painting, cleaning etc.  In my spare time I have been visiting my horse and started her training – and  have another blog devoted to all that.  So I have decided to go to weekly instead of daily blogging here.  I am a bit over daily accounts of plane crashes and deaths, so I will just post interesting things form the week and things that happened near where I live now.  And of course great vintage ads and articles from my magazine collection.

My husband saw this ad and thought it was so me – not a compliment I think! But I love it anyway.

cannon sheets

And finally the last two parts of the cotton dress series from Good Housekeeping May 1942:

dresses 54 (2)

dresses p 55

And if you’d like some news, you can read the front page of the Melbourne Argus for 21 May 1942 here.

Deb xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very important to me and I read each and every one of them! Please leave your blog address so I can visit.