Monday 14 May 2012

Mothers Day 1942 Style

VINTAGE Greeting Card MOTHER'S Day 1942 "Love to my Dear Mother"

VINTAGE Greeting Card MOTHER'S Day 1942 available at etsy

 

I had the most lovely mother's day today.  Breakfast in bed and gifts that I actually wanted - red gumboots, slippers, Chanel No 5 and pearls - and extras from the little two including hand painted mugs and cards.  We had sushi for lunch, out on the deck, very relaxed and not at all formal as in this little movie from 1942:


After a screening of Jurassic Park with the kids, we had a great walk on the beach, and then back for a Dinner of steak and steamed greens with a glass of red.  And I didn't have to cook or clean all day - heaven!
Here is a short story from Good Housekeeping Magazine  - May 1942.  Happy Mother's Day all!

Deb xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very important to me and I read each and every one of them! Please leave your blog address so I can visit.