Wednesday 13 May 2015

Vintage Fashion - Mod Fashions still Rockin'

Sixty five years ago, straight from London, the look was MOD.

vintage 1960s mod fashions made in Australia

vintage 1960s mod fashions made in Australia


It's hard to believe it was half a century ago, as Mod fashion are still as MODern looking today.  Just take a look at Christian Dior Spring 2015 Couture Collection -



Mod style dress by Christian Dior 2015

And this dress from ASOS -

ASOS Shift Dress With Zip 

I love this pic of Emma Robert taken in December last year -

Emma Roberts goes mod at the Valentino Haute Couture fashion show
Emma Roberts at the Valentino Haute Couture fashion show

Very reminiscent of Twiggy in this 1960s shot -

Twiggy in mod pink
Twiggy in mod pink
Of course you don't have to be stick thin to wear a 60s style shift dress - I love my shift dresses on days where my tummy is not co-operating and I just can't be bothered with the pull it in underwear.

There are lots of vintage mod dresses for sale out there - Etsy is a great place to look - and if you can't find something you like, why not grab a pattern and make your own.

I have this great pattern for sale right now (but there are many more on Etsy) -

1960s pattern on Etsy
1960s pattern on Etsy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very important to me and I read each and every one of them! Please leave your blog address so I can visit.