Sunday 15 April 2012

14 April 1942- An Arvo, horses & Duel in the Sun


Brief news of the day first – today in 1942 an Avro Anson Serial Number AX420 crashed near Gunning NSW, just off the Hume Highway, probably due to poor visibility.  The RAAF recovered all main bits from the crash site and the fragments were picked up by locals as souvenirs, and a memorial plaque now marks the spot.

I traded my stint at the op shop for riding today, as I had missed out this week because of school holidays.  I think I prefer the riding! I trialled a new horse I am thinking of buying – my first , how exciting!  He is an almost four year old thoroughbred, so quite young, but amazingly sensible.  I think I’m in love.  No photos yet, but here are some of the lovely Jennifer Jones and co-star from the movie Duel in the Sun (1946).
$(KGrHqNHJE!E88YlHisPBPZr,4UpS!~~60_12 
$(KGrHqF,!nME8VV4)pBjBPOJzoBhww~~60_3
$(KGrHqZHJEoE88d-k5KmBPZr,9Yz8g~~60_12
File:Duel in the Sun.jpg
Here’s a little sneak at the trailer.  It’s quite an epic movie, and Jennifer Jones was nominated for an academy award for her performance -watch it if you can.
with moments of romance……
Deb xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very important to me and I read each and every one of them! Please leave your blog address so I can visit.